The easy way to improve your site traffic is to pay a good SEO service. It may take 6 months to a year, before your organic rankings jump to page #1 on Google. But what is the catch? Yes, you need to spend good amount of money.
If you are one of the top brands in your niche, then this article is not for you. You already know the secrets of ranking high and thus increasing your site traffic. This is for people who are simple bloggers, beginners, SMBs and mainly lonely individuals tiring like “old horses” like me.
As an old friend taught me, there is no secret sauce in generating loads of traffic. You have to work hard. I’m talking about the people I mentioned above. But if you can spend a dollar or euro, then it’s a different story. But if you know a little bit of SEO and can get a Pro account on SEMRush, you can read my hypothesis of getting visitors to your site.
My knowledge is purely based on reading different articles from SEO sites and Google. I will let you know the steps by which you can get high traffic to your site using SEMRush and competitor data. I am implementing this idea on my sites and have to wait for results.
So if you push me to show results, if these steps work, I have no proof. But you are no idiot to know that tools like SEMRush will not sell their Pro account for $69, if these things didn’t work. So you have to be a good analyst first and then a blogger next, if you want to rank high in Google.
First of all, there are two cases.
a. Are you trying to improve an existing site and get more traffic!
b. Are you targeting a new site with SEO ideas and keyword research to gain more traffic!
METHODOLOGY TO SKY-ROCKET YOUR TRAFFIC TO HIGH LEVELS
So here are the 10 steps, by which you can increase your website traffic.
1. a. Find the right base keyword for which you want to improve traffic.
b. Find the niche on which you want to target and improve up. Select a two-word niche keyword which brings best ROI.
2. a. You can get the base keyword from SEMRush or Search Console data in Google Web Master Tools.
b. You can research Keyword Planner, UberSuggest, KeywordShitter, SEMrush to get better ideas on the base keyword.
3. After finding the right keyword to target, enter the base keyword in SEMrush.
RECOMMENDED : SEMrush Affiliate Program Review - How to Make Money with SEO [In 2019]
Note: You can find the CPC for this base keyword. If the amount of traffic, keyword difficulty and CPC is very high, don’t waste time targeting this keyword. This will be very competitive and difficult to rank.
4. Then move on to finding the phrase match keywords. Here you can find keywords extending from the base keyword. Now find the volume of traffic, keyword difficulty and CPC and sort them on high, low, high respectively.
5. If the traffic density is between 2000 to 3000, keyword difficulty between 50 to 70 and CPC of $0.5 to $3, you can target those keywords. These metrics are a rough estimate; you can try with a “plus” or “minus” of 20 to 30% on the above.
6. Find the competitor “organic search results” and from them derive more such keywords based upon the base keyword.
7. Based upon Keyword Difficulty and CPC, change the title or create a new title.
8. Now make a list of keywords like 5 to 6, based upon the base keyword and add them to your content. a. Add some new or updated content to make your page look that it’s not just a change in keywords, but also you are refreshing content. This gives a better look to Google that you are not following any “negative” SEO tactics.
9. You can also sprinkle some of the “related” keywords from SEMrush tool and add them to your content. Otherwise, you can use tools like UberSuggest and KeywordShitter to find more “related” and “long tail keywords” which you can add to content.
Note: But don’t make content look like it’s written for SEO alone. Put a natural tone in your phrases and format.
10. Finally, publish your content and share them in your social circles. Try to make some comments on “related” websites, index the article in Google search through WMT again, build up some links etc and do other normal SEO stuff.
MY GOLDEN WORDS ON THIS KEYWORD HYPOTHESIS
There is no guarantee that just based upon “keyword research” alone your article will skyrocket high in rankings and your traffic will jump. There are so many signals which Google sees and even though the competition may be low, it may be difficult to understand Google strategy in ranking your web page.
The best method is to use SEMrush again to find your rankings from time to time. Then make any amendments based upon the “SEO Ideas” it gives. Also you can refurbish content and make it look unique in the present context after some time. Look around for the top web pages that ranked on your “targeted keyword” and see on what metrics you are lacking.
Surprisingly if you see search queries in WMT, you will find that you may rank for other keywords which you have not targeted. You can put this keyword data again in SEMrush and see if they have right volume of traffic and CPC, then you can target related keywords based upon them.